There are so many things to consider when planning the perfect wedding. Fortunately, coordinating your reception can be one less thing to worry about. You can even hold your wedding service at the Convention Center, as well. Our experienced and professional staff is committed to making your day effortless, so that you may truly celebrate with your family and friends.
The following services are provided to you free of charge, and are included in your wedding package:
- A convention center wedding coordinator to assist you throughout the planning process
- Assistance with lodging information
- Assistance with your decorations
- Use of our ballroom & lobby areas
- Private bridal party room with dedicated server
- Dinner tables and chairs, gift table, cake table and additional tables as required
- Stage for bridal party
- House linen, china, flatware, glassware, votive candles, table numbering and harp stands
- Wireless Microphone
- Champagne toast for the entire bridal party
- Personalized announcements on convention center marquee and in-house televisions
The following services are available for an additional fee:
- Specialty linen
- Coat check attendant
- Slide shows of your personal photos on our in-house televisions
- Cookie Table (includes all set-up with trays, tiers, linens, etc. and packaging of leftover product)
Wedding Event Guidelines
- Final menu selections must be submitted not less than sixty days prior to your scheduled event
- Final guaranteed guest count, along with seating assignments, must be submitted not less than ten days prior to your scheduled event
- Invoice is based upon the guaranteed guest count or actual attendance, whichever is greater.
- Pre-event tastings are available. The tasting will consist of your selected hors d’oeuvre and entree(s). Some exclusions may apply. Tastings are limited to one per event and are for up to four people.
- Special dietary needs/concerns must be addressed in advance, so that we may better accommodate you & your guests
- All food & beverage for your event, with the exception of your cake, cookies or candy, must be provided by the Blair County Convention Center.
- No additional food or beverage may be brought into the Convention Center without prior approval.
- Due to safety concerns, no food or beverage purchased from the Convention Center may be removed from the premises.
- Bars will be closed during dinner service, to ensure safe & proper service. Bars will close 30 minutes before event ending time.
- All centerpieces & decorations, along with set-up times, must be preapproved by our Wedding Coordinator.